Windcrest United Methodist Church
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
A Spirited Community Serving the World
Click on any one of the following report titles to download and view report:
In the winter and spring of 2012, Windcrest UMC began participating in a renewal process called Healthy Church Initiative.
In May of 2012, WUMC adopted 5 Prescriptions to help us realize God’s mission for us as a church to make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The following is an update of where we are in the implementation of these prescriptions:
1) Day of Prayer and Repentance completed June 3rd
2) Day of Envisioning completed June 16th
3) Adoption of a new Mission & Vision Statement by Church Council completed August 9th (copies available in the church office)
4) Adoption of a Behavioral Covenant by Church Council completed September 13th (copies available in the church office)
5) Ministry Assessment
a. Forms have been completed by Work Area teams and ministries
b. Compilation of data and consultation with work areas is ongoing
6) Development of 3 teams to strategize implementation of the mission and vision statement for specific demographic and creation of a team to develop clear pathways to move newcomers and long time members to becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. These teams are to report their recommendations to Church Council on December 13.
Copies of the Healthy Church Initiative report and full description of the prescriptions are available in the church office.
Task Force Information
The following is a list of the teams and their lead contact that are currently meeting. Please feel free to contact them directly for input and/or more information regarding their work.
Families with Young Children Taskforce
Marcy Williams: email@example.com
Cross Cultural Ministry Taskforce
Rev. Dr. Lonnie Phillips: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Adult Taskforce
Rev. Joan Ahrens: email@example.com
Clear Pathways of Discipleship Taskforce
Rev. Tamara Strehli: firstname.lastname@example.org